Re: Latch Pull Downs

went and bought mine from gm, garage, rebuilt with new oem latch, has been working good since '97, I did try to get out cheaply by rebuilding the old one with glue, but anytime ANY force was used in closing the trunk, it would crumble again, and require disassemble of rear hatch, I bit the bullet and bought the correct OEM parts and have been good since. Just my .02

Joe

Reply to
yoseppi

I have one on my '88, but I also have a power trunk release.. which seems rather pointless.. well.. waht happens is I hit the button, it pops it. then when it reaches the top, it registers it as shut, and grabs it and goes back shut.. so if I don't run out and lift it by 3 seconds after I push it, I miss it. Maybe it isn't installed right.. but if this is what happens, I think I want to replace it with a manual one and sell that one.... extremely annoying...

Reply to
KITT