Re: New Camaro Owner / 97 RS 3.8

Finally I found a good deal on a 97 Camaro with only 53000 miles on it. Now

> that I'm a Camaro owner, what problems could I expect with this beauty in > the future. She runs and handles great...will it last? Is there anything I > need to do as far a maint. to keep it running and handling like it does now? > > Rick > >
Reply to
Twister

Rick Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Welcome, Rick, to the group.

What's your Camaro got?

As far as maintenance goes, do the usual at the proper times and you'll be fine...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

If handling is one of your primary concerns you may want to consider adding new shocks (bilstien HD for stock springs or Koni's if $$ is no option). The stock DeCarbon's only seem to be good for 20 to 30k miles. YRMV

Z 1996 Z28

Reply to
zbullock

She don't have anything special. Dark Green, T-Top, the standard extras. I found it on a lot for $5900 with only 53000 miles on it. I offered 5850 and they took it. Dealer had put new tires on it. Only thing wrong with the car is chip marks on the front nose. I noticed the same car on Auto Trader and the dealer was asking $9200. I noticed the vintage number and it was my car!!! Talk about a good feeling inside.

One question I do have and maybe the group can help me. When I run the vintage number on carfax, it comes up as an RS. But this car does not have any of the ground effect moldings. Is my car an RS? I have the sticker that came on the car when it was new and it has nothing on it that says RS. Also I noticed on the seats that it as a 30 engraved on them with a Chevrolet emblem. Do you think 30th anniversary editions may be worth something in the future?

Reply to
Rick

Rick Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Yup. Dealers, go fig. Sounds nice though...

Hmm. Could Carfax be mistaken or something?

Here's a link to a VIN decoder to see for yourself, just in case. I'm sure that others might have suggestions too...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

LOL

I have been looking for a list like that thanks

I dont have the 97 I have a 92 but now I have the list.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie