Re: Phazer

Jamie,     Radar detectors are legal in some states of the USA. Any powered radar jammer is a transmitter. Transmitting on radar bands without a license in
the USA can be a $10,000 federal fine (first offense), plus confiscation of the equipment (your car). The locals might jump in with assorted other charges, such as interfering or obstruction. Since 9/11, expect the worst on this.     *Especially* if that stuff even works, I sure hope that you do not get caught with it. Possession without a license is proof of intent, with the Feds, even if it is not plugged in, and it is just riding in the trunk. You have certain constitutional rights here. Your car does not. Kiss the car good-bye.     Sorry. Look it up, or just ask the FCC. *No* court, Congress, or President in the USA can reverse an FCC decision or penalty.     Please do not shoot the messenger.
--
Cheers,
Red

Besides, talk to many officers, when they are jammed, they follow you or the group, and/or call ahead to their laser friends. Then, they are going to be really pissed off if they find it. In a few states, I understand it gives them probable cause to search your vehicle. Not only do you have a pissed off trooper, but pissed off FCC for jamming electronic devices. Ever seen High Fidelity? Wouldn't help me much anyway, I get hit by more laser now a days than anything anyway.