Re: rs 2.8 swap

> >found an 3rd gen RS w/bad 2.8 v6 , will any other eng. bolt up to trans say > >a 305? or am I stuck replacing the 2.8? > > The only thing that is a straight, easy dropin is a 3.1L V6. Even the > slightly larger V6's, like the 3.4, have a different angle between the > cylinders, and thus can't use the same engine mounts. > > John Jones, Detroit
Reply to
michael swetland sr

A pontiac 305? Please tell me that it is a bored over 301 Turbo. If so, I'm very interested!

Bird79

1979 Firebird Esprit 1973 455 YC
Reply to
Fa21Nov

Why do so many suggest a 3.1 swap? The 3.4 is same dang block as the 2.8 and 3.1, but has more power.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro