Re: Why did they stop making Camaros?

I think that one of the reasons they stopped making the Firbird/Transam/GTA, Camaro, Iroc, Z28 is that fact that the new ones can keep up with the Vettes and are tonnes less money! The vette is
like $65K-$100K and the camaro and firebired are like 35-40 depending on what u want of course...amyone agree??

Cambird,
My 2002 Z28 was $23,800 out the door. It has all the options except a T top.
Al
2002 Z28, 6 speed, no T top. 2002 Cavalier, 5 speed 62 Chevy II, SB 406, TH400, 9" Ford. 10.90 @ 123 MPH
The problem was that sales were just too poor. The Camaro / Firebird never did sell as many units as the Mustang, except I believe in 1979. Sales have dropped steadily over the past few years. The Camaro / Firebird line was just no longer profitable. As much as I hate to admit it, facts are facts. - Gary

Well, when was the last commercial advertising the CamBird? '93? '95? Couldn't have hurt to advertise more.
--

Well catch ya later,
-KITTvsKARR

He's from Canada, I assume he's using Canadian dollars. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?