Re: wierd noise while turning right.

: I have a 2000 Z28. Whenever I turn right and accelerate it has a wierd : vibration coming from the car. Can't tell if it is front or back, or left
: or right side. Took it to the dealer and they took it out and could not : replicate it. I took the mechanic out and replicated the sound several : times for him. You have to turn the wheel significantly, this is not a high : speed turning noise, more stop to slow speed and hard acceleration. The : mechanic still could not find out what caused the noise. The tightened : everything up underneath for good measure. : : Anybody else have this problem or any suggestions? : : ed
Did you change the aspect ratio of your tires? (or swap out rims?)
Could be bushings.
Could be slight flare in tire well.
Could be lots of tiny little things.
Unless you vehicle is shaking violently, it doesn't sound like a problem to get your panties in a bunch.
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:22:35 -0700, "Ed Schulze"

Is it when you turn the wheel to the lock? My Elky makes a noise then, I think it is the power steering and I understand that it's normal. My 2000 SS doesn't do it though. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
It usually happens at about 1/4 to 1/2 turn to right while accelerating.
ed

high