Rear Passenger Bump 2000 Z28

I have this infamous bumping noise when I hard brake or hit bumpy terrain. Took the rear pass. wheel off today and could not find anything loose. Only
noticed the sway bar connects to the body on that side in sort of an angle onto a downward bar. My brake caliper was snug as all heck and the brake pads had plenty of wear left on them.
Anybody solved this?
Thanks, Brian snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 05:48:52 GMT, "Brian O"

Could it be a transmission mount? I had that go on my 2k SS. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Spare tire moving around? I dunno.. but when my transmission mount went, it did a banging on harder acceleratiooons annd harder stops....
--
Well catch ya later,
-Geno

Using an adjustable wrench, I am able to find a diameter difference in the two sway bars.
Thanks, SLP.

Brian O wrote:

Brian,     An adjustable spanner is hardly scientific. You may be correct, but you might want to invest in a micrometer. The problem may actually be with the lower control arms. (I'm assuming you mean your rear stabilizer bar since you mentioned control arms.) Often control arms are side specific and people grease 'em up and pop 'em on the wrong side, etc....