Rear Springs 67

Did all 67 camaros come with one leaf springs on the rear? My new project 67 seams to have a rear sitting toward the frt. on the drivers side, but has multi leaf springs, so has some one changed them and created a problem
for me? Thanks, BBB
Pretty sure the only '67's with multi leafs were the 602 Z/28's, and maybe the SS396's. Was yours originally a big block car? Are your rear shocks staggered? (one in front of the diff and the other behind), and is there a single traction bar attached to the passenger side? If so I'll gladly pay you double what you paid for the car. Not that it's rare or anything... :-0
RAGGED67 wrote:

ALL 67 were supposed to be equipped with monoleafs. It was in 68 that the multileaf and staggered shocks appeared. that's not too say that people haven't converted it at some point in time in the last 37 years.
and multileaf conversions are not problematic depending on who did it and with what.
---------------------------
Brian:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
http://67z28.com/gallery/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_image ;pg%20Z28%20Restoration%20Photo%20Chronicle/Rear%20Suspension;i=5
Get your facts straight.
T Brian wrote:

Actually, that picture is worthless to this discussion. The photo is dated 2001. Now if you had a photo of a multileaf spring of a '67 rolling off the assembly line, THAT would be worth a thousand words.
According to Classic Industries -
"Mono leaf springs were originally installed on all 1967 Camaros and base model 1968-1969 Camaros. Four leaf springs were used exclusively on 1968-1969 Z-28 Camaros. Five leaf springs were originally installed on 1969 Super Sport models."
Now, that's just one source, although one that I tend to trust. Are your "facts" based on that one photo of a '67 with 34 years of unknown modifications?

--
Jim H

By looking at the photo, I'd say that the springs have at the very least been removed before. Notice the u-bolts holding the axle to the spring. They should be T-bolts.