reliability of hardtop, V6, 1995 camaro

Hi to all:
I just found a guy wanting to sell a 1995 Camaro for $5,500. It has 53,000 miles on it and is in good condition. Nothing premium, everything is standard.
How reliable is this year and model? I'm planning to take it to my garage and mechanic for inspection before the sale. What should I be looking for? He has no maintenance records on it, but says that he oil has been changed every 3,000 miles.
Is there a way to tell that the speedometer turned over and really has 153,000 on it?
Thanks for all the help,
Art
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

The speedometer has a 100000 digit. What engine/trans? In general, if reliability is of paramount importance to you, it might not be the best choice.
The engine is a 3.4 liter, and the trans is an automatic.
Art
PS...Exactly how reliable on average are they? Where would I look for trouble spots? Thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

car the trans is probably the weak link.
http://www.automotive.com /
Site for prices depending on the condition.