Resprayed or not?

I say it is. A friend inquired and was told by the seller that it came from the factory this way (overspray on the underbody - notice the overspray in the whel wells as well). Check the pictures for yourself,
but while this car looks good, I think the claims of no leaks and never been repainted are dubious! What do you folks think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $74401692
Jimmy wrote:

well, for sure the rear drums have been painted - I have yet to see any car come stick with painted brake drums.
It's a nice looking car, but I dunno...
my 01 TA has some overspray on the undercarriage - but the front wheel wells are plastic liners so I can't tell you if the wheelwell overspray is stock. And why do the tierods/front end look so greasy or something?
Ray

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $74401692
The over spray on the fornt uni-body is correct. The over spray in the rear is correct for a converted car.
Something you are not taking in to account. Final paint was not done at the factory. The Car had final paint done by the converter. ASC, who may have repainted the entire car. The brakes being painted body color may have been a ASC option.
Really a car like this requires resurch of the Conveter who did it. To find out what they did and did not do. What over spray to expect, ect. Charles
Meant to say thanks, Charles. Got sidetracked.
I totally forgot about ASC doing the conversions because the 4th Gens were done inhouse by GM at St. Therese IIRC (correct?), and I forget after 1 year, nevermind 12! And I didn't know the final paint was done out of GM's hands as well. Good history there.
I doubt my buddy would go for anything that steep pricewise to begin with. He picked up a '98 Z-28 MN6 a few years back for 13,800 which he loves but he still wants that 80's 3rd gen he had as a kid (same reason I keep my mustang...if I can afford it I'll keep it..even though it's MUCH slower than my camaro) He had a 91 a few years back but sold it and picked up his LS1 camaro after hearing how happy I was with mine. Bottom line is that he now has the room and is looking for a project. I suggested a fisrt gen but it's the 3rd that he wants.
Jimmy

Jimmy wrote:

I think this is a thinly disguised way to cross-post an Ebay auction ad.
"FBR"

as do I.
-- http://www.edmontoncouple.com
--
I am the darkest creation of god

Nope. Check My posting history. No secret.
A friend and I thought this was a clipped car trying to be passed off as cherry. Charles Bendig had some good pointsa though. I did NOT take into accout the converter....
The front end grease though makes me think the auctioner is lying about no leaks. And when we saw the overspray I was almost sure it was clipped (taking two wrecks and making one good car). Just posted here asking what you guys thought.
Jimmy

Jimmy wrote:

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang, or alt.games.wolfenstein . Looking through my archive of alt.autos.camaro.firebird which goes back to January I don't see you. I'f I am wrong I apologize.
But I am pretty sure I'm not wrong.
You need to learn more about the internet. I'm not forging headers. I'm not that good.
But, hey. Believe what you want.
Like I said...look at my posting history.
Jimmy
as posting to

my
see
Jimmy wrote:

I did.
So enough said. Apology accepted.
Jimmy

That thought crossed my mind. But who would post a link to an ebay item to generate interest in it, then ask us to nit pick the item listed?
I list a few items on Ebay (I have yet to put any F-body parts on there), I wouldn't post a link to an item and ask people to nit pick it. Charles
Ray spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

I remember a Ray here from around 2 to 3 years ago. Would you be the same person?
Re: Lunchtime posting.
Is it really worth possibly losing your job?
NOI
Thund3rstruck_n0i wrote:

I might be... I have an 80 TA project car, an 01 WS6 and just got a 76 Camaro dirt track car... do I sound like the same guy?
What exactly is the problem with reading newsgroups on my lunch hour? I'm allowed... and I have a "relationship" with my boss over my coffee breaks and lunches - I do the odd evening and weekend work in exchange for a "relaxed" schedule re: lunches...
Today's beef - trying to find front swaybar bushing brackets at the local Crappy Tire... everyone only has the bushings - I need the brackets - my Camaro came sans swaybar and I can't seem to find the brackets I took off the 80... and the local parts monkeys are being their usual idiot selves... but at least I managed to get my charging system functioning... only 100 more things to do before the first race in two weeks...
Ray spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Unfortunately, I can't remember right now. :)

Ah. Didn't know that.

Hmm. You try the usual sources? Also, Year One's website?
NOI
There is red paint on the lower front control arms! They weren't even on the car at the time of painting. The same is true of the "saddle". That being said, the car looks very clean. I would say someone steam-cleaned the hell out of of the underside. Didn't see ripples on the frame so it probably is straight. Even with the BSing about the paint, it may be a great car. Who knows? The thing is it is not inherently rare, making me wonder about the price. What does make it seem extraordinary is that it is unmolested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $74401692