Rice or Not?

If you take a standard basic V6 Camaro and basically add performance parts (real ones- not just spoilers and that type of shit) where it was EQUAL to a Z28 or an SS in performance/power, could you add Z28 or SS
decals? Just curious... (Just in case, you might be wondering, the ONLY mechanical thing I've ever done with my Camaro was changing the burned-out lightbulb under the spolier.)
Long Live the Camaro!
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:18:52 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (98' Camaro) wrote:

No. If I go out and buy a 502 Ram Jet and install it in my 68' do you think I should be allowed with a good conscience to put on Yenko Decals? Sure, the engine can back up the decals but it's still a falsehood.
You could have custom decals made up at a sign shop that shows what you've got. Besides, as soon as you start the engine anyone that can even slightly recognise the sound of an engine will hear that there is a 6 cyl. under the hood no matter how much power it has.
I have an idea!
Why don't you put a rice motor in it, and do a backwards rice trick on the ricers?
If you can put a Chevy motor in a Nissan, or a F.O.R.D. motor in a Mazda Miata, why not do a fleakem out Charie?
Lefinish King

I never said I was personally going to do that to my Camaro- and I actually forgot about the spark plugs and the differences of each engine (if I would have remembered, this post wouldn't be here...)
Long Live the Camaro!
Is your Camaro a V6 or V8.....?

V6 automatic
Long Live the Camaro!
No, it's still not worthy to wear the badges. Just like if I put on 18" wheels, stiffen the suspension ven more and maybe put on sub frame connectors, doesn't give me the right to rebadge my Z28 as an SS.
Just my opinion.