Rice or Not?

If you take a standard basic V6 Camaro and basically add performance parts (real ones- not just spoilers and that type of shit) where it was EQUAL to a Z28 or an SS in performance/power, could you add Z28 or SS decals? Just curious... (Just in case, you might be wondering, the ONLY mechanical thing I've ever done with my Camaro was changing the burned-out lightbulb under the spolier.)

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

No. If I go out and buy a 502 Ram Jet and install it in my 68' do you think I should be allowed with a good conscience to put on Yenko Decals? Sure, the engine can back up the decals but it's still a falsehood.

You could have custom decals made up at a sign shop that shows what you've got. Besides, as soon as you start the engine anyone that can even slightly recognise the sound of an engine will hear that there is a 6 cyl. under the hood no matter how much power it has.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

I have an idea!

Why don't you put a rice motor in it, and do a backwards rice trick on the ricers?

If you can put a Chevy motor in a Nissan, or a F.O.R.D. motor in a Mazda Miata, why not do a fleakem out Charie?

Lefinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

I never said I was personally going to do that to my Camaro- and I actually forgot about the spark plugs and the differences of each engine (if I would have remembered, this post wouldn't be here...)

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

Is your Camaro a V6 or V8.....?

Reply to
John King

V6 automatic

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

No, it's still not worthy to wear the badges. Just like if I put on

18" wheels, stiffen the suspension ven more and maybe put on sub frame connectors, doesn't give me the right to rebadge my Z28 as an SS.

Just my opinion.

Reply to
SgtSilicon