Rims and tires

I currently have 15's on my 85 Z-28, I got a nice set of 14's I'd like to use, anyone know if this will work or if it wont work or anything I need to watch out for? Thanks in advance

why would you want to put 14's on an '85 Z-28?

I got a nice set of 14's rims that where on an old 78 Z-28 I had. Will it make the car sit too low to the ground or not clear a hub or something like that? or why is it a bad ideal?

If they were off of a '78 they should fit just fine...... Its not that its a but idea, its all on how you like your car to look. I just think that the 3rd generation Z-28s look best with a 16 X 8 wheel and 245/50-16 tires on them...... I just think 14s might look a bit strange on an '85 Z-28. But I guess it all depends on what kind of 14" wheels they are and what tires are on them.... ~John http://www.supercarvideos.com/IROC

need

like
I've got an '85 Berlinetta with original 14" pressed-steel rims, and it's LOW. The average speed bump forces me to go at least 13kpm (8 mph) otherwise I'll scrape the cat on it as I pass over it...well...ON it.
Of course, if the exterior aluminum housing on YOUR catalytic isn't important to you, go for the 14's. ;)
Please note, the exterior housing on MY cat is long since gone...
camaros came factory with 14 inch rims in 85 ialso had a set on my 85 z 235 60 14 tire size with a 2 inch lowering kit they rode and handled great
camaros came factory with 14 inch rims in 85 =====================================Maybe the 4-banger sport coupe or/and the berlinetta, but the IROC and the Z-28 did not come with 14s, the Z-28 had 15s and the IROC had 16s.......
~John http://www.supercarvideos.com/IROC