RPO Codes

Can someone learn what RPO options came (originally) on their (or any) f-body car?
To clarify, is this information recorded and available on the Internet or
from GM?
I mean, I know there are lots of "RPO decoders" out there, but given a car's VIN, can you discover what options the car was ordered with?
Darn, I still get the feeling I'm not explaining my question properly. I'm well aware of the existence and location of RPO stickers but what I'm looking for, ideally, is an Internet searchable database where you type in the VIN and it comes back with a complete list of ALL the options the car came with. Yeah, you're thinking, this kid had too many (hallucinogenic) mushrooms on his last steak dinner!
I guess initially, I should have asked if even these two entities (VIN/RPO) are associated, recorded (and available to the public) somewhere in a database.
Thanks for your indulgence, SmiteMan
For any Pontiac:
http://www.phs-online.com/services.htm
Can even get a window sticker from them...
Frank