seen the new rx-8 today

Such a rip off of the s2000 in the front. Only has a 1.3L engine. Looks like CRAP. I thought this was supposed to be an upgraded version of the fast rx-7. This is a four seater with invisible back doors, that's neat and
kool for a sports car. Would this even be considered a sports car? I havent herd anything much about the power but does it have any?
I think this car is a discrase.
--
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance Engineering
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 02:47:38 GMT

I think this car is a grace.
You fail to mention the most significant part of the specification: It has a rotary engine.
With rotary engines, establishing capacity is rather ambiguous. 1.3L is just one way of measuring.
However, as the rx does not have cylinders, you *cannot* speak of cylinder displacements. Look at the power and torque specs instead.
The rx8 delivers more HP from its little rotary engine, than my 2nd gen 5.7L camaro does.
Bram
--
I have a wonderful proof of my intelligence, which this char[120] is too small
to contain.
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance Engineering
You didn't know the RX 's had rotary engines in them and you come on here to talk trash? I've driven a 93 RX7 and it is a blast. Fun little car. Not as quick as my LS1 though :) The RX8 is ugly in my opinion and definitely needs a turbo... but you kind of make yourself look stupid by saying "it only has a 1.3L engine."
You really should learn how a rotary engine works. Quite interesting.
I wouldn't personally consider the RX8 a sports car. However, I would agree with you that it is a disgrace compared to the last generation.
98 Z28

Honestly, this is a good place to talk trash about imports. Ricers stink.
-- 98 Camaro

Would a turbo even work with a rotary?

Yes, any internal combustion engine can benefit from more fuel and air intake. The rotary engine ( Wankel ) works better than most designs when supercharging is added. Look at the pic on the link below and see just how wierd these engines look internally.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero/index.htm
Some are wise and some are otherwise

Of course.
--