SES Light not flashing when testing

I have a 94 camaro (v6) and when I use a code tool to try and determine why my Service Engine Soon Light is on (all the time after the engine gets hot)
the SES light will not flash.
My Hayes manual only tells me to take it to a dealer and the book that came with my code tool tells me to check my service manual.
Can anyone help me out with what to check so that I can get the SES to tell me the codes?
Please respond to the group.
Thank you ,
CD

why
hot)
came
By service manual, it does not mean your Haynes...it means the GM service manual.

tell
Normally, if you are not getting a flash, your puter aint responding....and if the lights popping on when the engines warm, thats closed loop....and might be telling you in a big yellow way, your ECMs fried.