SES - Secondary Air Injection [AIR] System Bank 2

Since I added SLP's Cold-Air induction to my '97 Formula, I routinely get the Service Engine Soon (SES) light with a trouble code of P1416. This almost always occurs when the car is going 30=50 mph and my foot is off the accelerator (downhill). P1416 is "Secondary Air Injection [AIR] System Bank 2".

There is a hose from the A.I.R. pump to the cold air induction. What can I do to make this annoyance go away? Is it affecting performance?

BTW: I've installed the SLP Ram=Air hood since getting the cold-air. Any chance that switching to functional RAM air would resolve the trouble code (and produce more HP)?

Thanks, Skyhawk76e

Reply to
SR-71

Nevermind... The situation got worse until it started cutting-out at idle, so I took it to the dealership. It was an aged hose that had begun to leak. $20 in parts and 1 hr labor. At least they didn't try to over-inflate the price! (The dealer is Pontiac Master in Augusta.)

The dealer continues to pitch this 3 stage fuel system cleaning, though. It doesn't sound like much more than a fuel-additive, gum-out in the throttle body and a new fuel filter. It's around $100, if anyone has found this to be worthwile, let me know; otherwise, I'll continue to pass on that deal...

Thanks, Zack >

Reply to
SR-71