"Shock Sensor" Alarm

I have a 98' Camaro that has a "shock sensor" alarm- (I found it while looking to see if I had a spare tire.) I don't have any owner's manual
for my car (I'm guessing either the first or second owner of my car took them, threw them away, or whatever.) So, I have no idea what this alarm is. Can anyone tell me what this alarm is? The previous owner had it unplugged. And does it always go off for no reason? (I unplugged it after it went off for no reason at all- now, I know why it was unplugged.) Is there anything way it can be adjusted so it won't go off for no reason? Or should it be replaced? The car already has an alarm that sounds if you don't put the ignition key in after unlocking the door and I don't know what this alarm does. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Long Live the Camaro!