Speedometer not working, need help

Hey folks, I have a 1981 Z28 and the Speedo just up and quit. What are the most likely causes? Thanks for the help, Marty

Marty Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Cable could have broken, so could the gears in the transmission. It also could be the speedometer itself...
NOI