Springs on a 92 Camaro

Hey Everybody....
Need Info From Anybody!!!!
I have to replace the springs (Front and Rear) on my 1992 RS. I have the stock 245/55 16 Tires and Stock Rims. I plan on going to 17" rims with a
different tire in the future.... I have KYB Gas shocks and Struts...
That is where my dilemma comes in. If I use a performance springs on the car (Which can drop the car 1 to 1.5 inches) will the stock tires rub or not clear? I cannot afford to switch to the 17" rim with shorter tire yet. Now if I put OE springs on the car will there be to much clearance above the tire when I go to 17" Rims....
Charles
To answer your two questions: Yes, and yes.

A 1-1/2" drop won't be any trouble to you. When you do go out and buy your 17"s you will put tires on that match the height and width of your current tires most likely. If you go wider then you will have to make careful measurements for the backspacing you'll need to have the tires fit without rubbing or scraping on hard bumps. Check out the major Websites dedicated to Camaro and Firebirds. Many will have sections dedicated to tire fitment.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Newly updated
Some are wise and some are otherwise