Starting problems, tried everything

i have a 1989 RS Camaro, it drove fine during the week then this morning it wouldn't start. figuring it was the starter i got a new one and nothing, changed the nuetral switch and nothing, the battery is fine (tested to full capacity) now the thing, we tried using the screw driver hotwire method and it still wouldn't even move, we bench tested the starter and it was fine. any ideas?

Reply to
Shawn

Bad ground? Had that on my old imp

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Shawn

Do you have a volt tester (multimeter)? Test for power at the starter 12v same a the bat test while cranking or key in the start position. test the S term on the solenoid (the small wire). & also check the big bat wire on the sol. both should have 12v same at the battery.

this should tell you if your wiring is bad or not going to the starter. at least from your discription thats what sounds like could be your problem to me.

If you have any more question phone the boys down at Labelle's Alternator & Starter in Saskatoon Sk

306 653-8859
Reply to
Rotor

Do you happen to remember what wire was causing the problem? I have been having the same issue with my '89 Iroc-Z. I have replaced the alternator, battery, ignition switch, ground cable, relays, and recently the ignition control module. Still my car will not start after I have been driving for sometime in the heat, after I let it cool down for about 30 min everything comes back to life normal and fine.

Reply to
jrook