strange 68 Camaro For Sale email

I wonder if anyone has received an email from "Makita Takada" offering a blue 68 Camaro? It has the look of a scam, that's for sure. If anyone recognizes the name or the email, please let me know--Terry

Hello, I just saw your ad in regards to this product,I have a 68 camaro WI for sale and i am willing to sell it i will take care of the shipping and insurance ,i will like to know how much you are willing to pay, It;s in good shape and excellent condition,no rust ,no damage wishing to sell it as i have some Problems to fasten up asap, ready to be shipped.I will take care of the shipping charges.I will like to know also which country you are located and the state.I will also need your address to determine shipping.The car interior is okay and the Tyres are new ones with a new engine which is new. Expecting to hear from you.

Regards

Reply to
Terry

probably from your reply Re: What to look for in a 68 Camaro looks like you are using your real email address... spam magnet...

Reply to
Rondo

Yeah, it probably is just spam, but the guy actually send me some pics of a blue Camaro. I think what he wants is for people to send a "deposit", it's the oldest trick in the book right? -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

So, turn the tables. Ask where they are located and when they reply just say that you live only a few miles away and would like to see the car. See what kind of reaction you get out of them then. :-)

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

If you live near NY state go check the car out first. If you get a run around DONT WASTE YOUR TIME! lol Life is too short Steve

Reply to
Steve

S-T-R-A-N-G-E lol ..... too strange

Reply to
Larry Durst

Yeah you might be right, maybe this person, whoever it is, really does have a Camaro for sale. But since I live in Wisconsin, I'm going to try to find a Camaro in the midwest, it's just do damn hard shopping for cars that are thousands of miles away.

btw, I've been looking for a good 67-68 for over a year, and I've had the same experience, driving several hours to find that a car in 'excellent' condition is has a new paint job over a rusty car...sometimes I wish it were 1968, I'd just walk in to a Chevrolet dealer and lay my money down on a new Camaro.

--Terry M.

PS Here's some more of what this person wrote to me, when I told him I wasn't about to pay thousands of dollars for a 'deposit'. It's damn wierd:

I appreciate your responce and i want you to know that I have been a victim in the bogus check situation and i will never do such to you ,if you need my information about me i can send that to you asap and also if you want to,because i know how it is buying a car from a total stranger,I received a check on June 3rd 2003 from one mr charles saying he wants to buy this car,He sent me a bogus check which i deposit it in my bank and later the bank confirmed the check to be bogus check and i already have the car shipped to him but unfortunately the shipping company had some problem and was unable to ship the car and i was so happy to get the car back but i sent the mr charles $3500 for his balance he made me to understand that his client ,but i will want you to know that i will never do such to you ,in Regards to the Car price ,i will want you to tell me how much you are willing to pay for the car so that we can have things fasten up asap and also in regards to the deposit for the car ,you can make 30% out of the full payment as deposit for the car and i will have the car shipped to you asap so that when you have the car in your pocession you can send me back my full payment based on the car,Let me know what you think about this.....etc etc.

Reply to
Terry

I think that you need an auto broker to go out and inspect the car before you buy if you are going to go out of state. Also, the "I will ship it to you" is weird. Find an auto transport company yourself for the shipping if you are really entertaining buying this car. Or maybe someone on the group would be willing to go out and inspect the car for you? I would if it is was reasonable driving distance.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

That's all good advice, thanks. There are several red flags about this guy, he sent a couple more really wierd emails, so I'm going to look elsewhere, there are plenty of cars out there, it just takes time...

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Terry Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

I've been lurking thru most of this thread. My $.02?

Simple. Trust your gut feelings first. If this e-mail offer is too weird, then don't go for it. At the least, if you're interested, like RSCamaro said, have someone go and check it out for you.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

No kidding....well that's interesting, that's exactly why I posted this. So that pretty much confirms it, the guy is a scam, he must look through ads placed by people looking for old cars, then send them an email with a pic of a nonexistant car, asking for money. Damn, that's what my intuition told me from the start. Terry "RiverJewel" wrote in message news:096dnah_L snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... I received that e-mail also...... But I was looking for a newer Camaro I also received an e-mail with pics of a newel model. along with his wanting me to send him money and he would ship the car. "Terry" wrote in message news:wX7%a.120506$Oz4.25230@rwcrnsc54... I wonder if anyone has received an email from "Makita Takada" offering a blue 68 Camaro? It has the look of a scam, that's for sure. If anyone recognizes the name or the email, please let me know

Reply to
Terry