Strange ticking sound on 99 Z28

Hi

I've got a 99 Z28 auto and its making a strange ticking noise thats coming from either the engine or the trans. This noise ONLY happens when the car is in drive and is under power (ie not when its in drive and coasting or when its in neutral and engine is revved) and the speed of the ticking rises and falls in line with engine rpm. Someone has suggested it may be a bent torque converter vane. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Regards

B2003

Reply to
Boltar

Cracked flywheel!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to
<bmheise

That sounds very likely given that I've been having trouble with the tensioner anyway the last year. Thanks for the info!

B2003

Reply to
Boltar