Strange ticking sound on 99 Z28

Hi
I've got a 99 Z28 auto and its making a strange ticking noise thats coming from either the engine or the trans. This noise ONLY happens when the car is
in drive and is under power (ie not when its in drive and coasting or when its in neutral and engine is revved) and the speed of the ticking rises and falls in line with engine rpm. Someone has suggested it may be a bent torque converter vane. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Regards
B2003
Cracked flywheel!
Refinish King

I had a problem like that on my '97 Z28 at about 60k miles. Same symptoms. Turned out that it was the serpentine belt tensioner. The water pump was leaking into it and after a while, the bearings must have been affected. They were catching and releasing, causing that sound. No idea why it only happened under load though. New pump and tensioner and the cars been fine for the last 93k. No problems like it since.

That sounds very likely given that I've been having trouble with the tensioner anyway the last year. Thanks for the info!
B2003