stupid power window on 94 camaro

my PW motors have always been kind of slow and i had changed the driver side motor once already and it's worked fine but for the first time today when i tried to put my window up, it just made a ticking sound but hte
window would not go up. it would come down fine, but for some reason it seems like something is slipping when it's trying to go up...if i help the window out by my hand, it goes up however...
i have a fear of workign on the door panel, but how can i fix this?
Your lift motor may have become detached. This happened to me. Just need to be re-rivited.
-- 98 Camaro