Supercharging 79 camaro.

my nephew and i were tossing around the idea of supercharging his camaro. it has a rebuilt 400 sb. 650 holley dble pumper, headers and a mild cam...this is how he bought it. we don't know what the comp.
ratio is. one of the speed shops he talked to said he needed to have no more than 8.5 : i comp. ratio, forged pistons, a new cam and 4 bolt mains....is all this really necessary to run a 142 or 144 charger.. seeing as this engine was rebuilt, i would hope the 2 bolt mains were swapped for the 2+ 2 diag. type mains, and like i said i'm not sure what stock comp.ratio is does anyone know. anyone who really knows what they are doing, i would really appreciate any pointers we would really like to do this but would prefer not to rip the engine down this season.