SuperCharging a Stock 05/06 Camaro/Corvette

Im doing some research on SuperCharging with a ProCharger or simular centrifugal Brand, and was wondering how the factory drivetrains stand up to the additional 150 plus H.P. on stock tires , providing one doesnt get too crazy applying all that power ( IE: easing into the throttle ) .

Have you found the drivetrains to hold up pretty well from those youve talked to ? Any opinions ? Thanks.

Reply to
dave

A4 or M6?

Also, how many pounds of boost do you intend to run?

Reply to
d666e

would any of u have any ideas on how to get some speed out of an 80's model

305, it came out of a montie carlo but is going into a firebird
Reply to
dalton

Sell it and buy a 350. (imo)

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed no T-tops 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops
2002 Black Trans Am 5.7L LS1 auto w/T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

I would have to agree. I could see doing what you can to squeeze a bit more out of an existing 305 if trying to stay smog legal (such as in CA) but if it's an option, go for the 350 every time. That's what I have planned for my 89, I just haven't decided if I am going for a 350 from the same era, or if I am going to go for an LS1 drivetrain from a 98+.

Reply to
Cy Welch