swap v6 for 305

Well, first of all.. which are you going to do, a 305 or 327? Do you have all the necessary parts? i.e. engine, transmission, springs, suspension, wiring harness, etc? I looked into this when I got my Camaro... and its really not feasable. You are better off buying a 3rd gen with a v-8. It will take lots of time, money, and beer... from what I have been told. So I went out a got myself a Formula with a 305, and then a 'Bird with a 350.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (149k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops or parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

LOL.. yeah... well.. I've seen the light.... well.. the plan this summer is to tear into the Formula and try to do as much of a complete rebuild as humanly(me that is) possible.. while ripping out the (seriously this time.. I have the receipts) rebuilt 350 and possible the 5 speed and doing a swap with the 'Bird for the 305 auto.... I know I am going to have to beef up the body A LOT.. as the Formula has T-tops and the 'Bird doesn't.. and the body on the Formula isn't in as good condition as the 'Bird... but thats my Summer project this year. So expect a lot of stupid/dumb/interesting/(and possible a few intelligent) questions along the way. BTW.. when are we going to get together for another IRC? Its been a LONG ass time... well.. since I've been involved anyway.. :)

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (149k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops or parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Ive got a 1984 camaro, am thinking about swapping the 2.8 liter v6 for a

305. Anyone know what all it takes?
Reply to
gcollin

KITTvsKARR spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

/me sniffles.

GLK, SBM, he's come a long way...

To the OP. If you're going to go ahead with this and decide on a 305, which is a smog motor, you really should just skip that idea and go 350 instead. For the extra 45 CI you get a lot more possibilities as far as good mods go...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

KITTvsKARR spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

BTW.. when are

I think I have to make a few changes to the room first. :)

If you want to hold one, feel free to announce a day/time, then have at it...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i