swapping 2.8 v6 for 327 v8

Does anyone know how hard it is to swap out a 2.8 liter v6 for a 327 v8 in the Camaro?

Reply to
gcollin

One problem you may have with the 327 is no bolt holes in the heads for your power-steering pump....

Reply to
John King

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:04:54 GMT, "John King" puked:

I have a PS pump on my 327.

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

I have a PS pump on my 327. ======================================= How is it mounted? Does your heads have bolt holes? Or do have have a bracket that somehow mounts the pump to the block?

Reply to
John King

It's mounted just like everyone elses of that vintage. Lower right quadrant, two bolts/bracket on the water pump and another bracket rig using the exhaust manifold bolt hole to complete the triangle.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:24:29 GMT, "John King" puked:

Good question. I'll check it out. The 327 was a transplant and the car originally had AC which is sitting on my workbench because there were obvious issues with accessory bolt holes.

BTW, they're double hump heads, which I think are infamous for lacking the holes, and it's in my '66 Elky...