tall vs short valve covers for small block chevy

Anyone know the height measurements for the old style small block chevy valve covers- tall style versus short style? One of my valve covers looks to be
warped, it is leaking (I put in new gaskets, which didn't help), and I'm trying to figure out the best valve cover style to purchase.
Terry M.