tech: Head Boly Tightneing sequence 327

I was wondering if there is a specific sequence for tightening the head bolts on a 67 327. If it makes a difference they are not aluminum. I have looked on the web but have not had any luck.
Thanks
Matt
There is a specific pattern listed in the factory shop manual, but I'm not quite good enough at ASCII art to show you here. Actually I usually don't look at the book myself anyway. I just start in the middle and work my way in a circular pattern towards both ends, which is pretty much what the specified pattern is anyway. Also, I usually make three passes with the torque wrench at 35, 50, & 65 ft.lbs. I've been doing it that way for years and havn't had one fail yet. - Gary

Yes, there is a sequence to the tightening of the head bolts. The most convienient way to do it is to go out and get yourself a Chiltons automotive book or a book that deals with rebuilding a small block Chevy specifically.

http://www.torquespecs.com/hi_po_chev.htm
Scroll down to the Small Block V8 sequence in figure 2. Follow it religiously.
--
Mr. Floppy

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Matt
67 Camaro
"Mr. Floppy" wrote:

puked:

Saved in my Favorites as well. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?