Tech: Help with a hockey stick stripe

Anyone have any advice on how to install a 68 hockey stick strip? I am going to be doing one (my second after damage to the first one) this weekend and thought this might be a good idea, maybe someone can give me a few pointers. FWIW I have two experienced guys helping me on this (they will do it more then likely) so I won't need basic info.... looking more for help getting the front header to lay flat in the center of the header. I had some trouble with the passenger side front, front fender decal too. I bought these from the great folks at Phoenix Graphics, they are good people to deal with!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

Chris Kruger

Reply to
Joe Mamma

Search the body forum on

Lots have been here before.

Reply to
JimV

The answer is dish soap and water, or the same stuff but only packaged as a lubricant for decals. Makes life nice when installing rather large decals on anything. It allows you to move the decal around and squeegee it into the position that you want. It takes a little longer to set up this way but as long as you are conscientious of what you're doing it's well worth the extra set up time.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Make sure the car is cool and washed.

Measure where the decal will go on both sides for uniform positioning. I used blue painters tape to mark the edge of where the decal would go and removed after decal was set.

Use one of those plant spray bottles.

Fill with about 20 oz. of water and 2 drops of dish liquid. Use 3 drops if the weather is really hot and dry. This gives you more time to set the decal into place.

Peel and spray the tack side of decal and work into place.

Squeegee all the air and water out completely. This is critical. It will greatly extend the life of the decal. When removing the air bubbles, spray some of the solution to the top side of the decal. This helps to prevent scuffing, scratching but be careful not to stretch or distort.

Double check and triple check for air bubles. They always seem to come back. Once it dries, it's too late.

Finally, stay out of the rain for at least 24 hours.

Here's some pics of mine so you know I'm not full of hot air. :-)

Good luck..... -Camaro Cowboy

Reply to
CLICK HERE