TEMP:Re: '85 B.netta B/ Relay

Try to by-pass the relay for now....
Leave the relay out...unplug the lead to the blower, run a new # 10 wire to it and to a temporary switch,then to the battery.
or #10 wire to the blower and a alligator clip to the battery. You'll have to connect it and disconnect each time....but it's better than freezing....
And yes I know this is not a proper fix,but it should work in a pinch.
HTH........Stan

Actually, I had considered that option. My idea was simpler, though, as I could "theoretically" just run the wire through a rheostat and back, because if I'm not mistaken, it should be getting power as long as the key is on anyway....of course, I could be wrong about that, too...haven't gotten under there since the last time I replaced the relays a few years back.
My idea would at least bypass the need to disconnect/reconnect every time I jumped into the car...but only if it DOES get power with the key on, and of course, only if the switch I use has an "off" position and doesn't allow any current through when in that position.
All I need to do IF that theory is correct is to find out what type of rheostat to use...wattage, amperage...voltage is obviously 12 volt, of course. ;)
I only said to run a separate lead so it doesn't back feed into the system, since it is all electronically controlled.( Just like a Caddy,automatic fan control.)
That way nothing could get damaged in the system until it is repair properly.
best of luck..................Stan