TH400 Transmission

I need to buy a transmission for my 73 Camaro, and I've decided to go through Summit this time. Can anyone recommend either the B&M tranny or the TCI streetfighter as the better rebuilt transmission? Thanks Darrel

_ (( \\ )) //.--. |\_/| | `'..' a a( \ \ \ =_Y/= / | / /`"` > /` --<

Reply to
Darrel Doehr

What do you use the Camaro for?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
darrel.doehr

Any decent 400 will hold a 383. Just decide what manners you want on the street. Full automatic or manual shift valve body. What shift points and so on. Why not talk to a local transmission shop. Anything Summit sells will cost a lot more. Chevy used a very good 400 in the big block 375 HP Camaros in the late 60's. Just have a local builder build a transmission to the same specs. Hughes has a bunch of kits and stout parts for the 400 too.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks mucho for the info. I've been disappointed locally, 3 rebuilds in 3000 miles, so I'm looking for a quality tranny on the Internet this time. I might consider an ebay store. bpparts in Denver is selling one. Darrel

Big Al wrote:

Reply to
darrel.doehr

What city are you in?

Al

Reply to
Big Al
3 rebuilds in 3000 miles ? I've built many trans over the years. Some for street, some race only. The downfall on the 400 is how much power it robs. If you want for cruising and are looking at a summit or ??? why not go with a 700 and get the OD ? If going no OD I'd go 350 they hold up very well don't rob as much power.
Reply to
69SScamaro