the beast is back

Heh...

It's official now... Camaro is back in GM's line. What do you guys think of the 2008 camaro?

An aggressive look, if you ask me, but definitely the best looking since gen-1.

bram

Reply to
bram stolk

bram stolk schrieb:

Very nice car! :-) Is also a convertible and a T-Top version avaiable?

Dominik

Reply to
Dominik Hirt

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:57:16 +0200, bram stolk puked:

When did they announce that it's back?

lab~rat >:-)

Photos had been "leaked" last year. I think the official unveiling of the concept car was done in January. So, the news has been out for awhile.

John.

Reply to
John 'Shaggy' Kolesar

Read about it a while back in Car & Driver (I think) - looks awesome imo. I'm so tired of seeing new retro-Mustangs roaming around. They seem to be a dime a dozen. Nothing new there though.

Is it just me, or does the driver side mirror look tiny in the picture?

Reply to
markd

On 8 Aug 2006 17:23:26 GMT, John 'Shaggy' Kolesar puked:

I realize that, but I thought they were still holding production announcements close to their chest. It would make sense that it would happen, and the interest is clearly there, but I don't recall an official announcement from GM that it was slated for production.

lab~rat >:-)

Yeah, I haven't heard anything more official than what they said in January.

John.

Reply to
John 'Shaggy' Kolesar

According to the July 2006 Motor Trend they have given the green light to the Camaro convertible also. Think that is still a rumor though also. By the way, that same mini article (page20-21) also has a picture of the convertible. And yes those mirrors look way too small, not too mention the tires look a little too low profile. Hopefully some of that will change for production.

Reply to
Leo Navoichick

The official announcement is tomorrow:

Bram

Reply to
Bram Stolk

"Hopefully some of that [concept car peculiarities] will change for production."

They usually do... :-)

-Camaro Cowboy

Reply to
CLICK HERE