THUNK!

Lately my '00 SS has developed a loud THUNK when the auto transmission shifts. I got under it and nothing appeared unusual, but it sounds like the bottom is coming out of the car. The car always has shifted
pretty firmly. Any clue? -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
How do the U-Joints look?

Put it up on a rack and check your tranny mounts and cross member mtg. bolts.
puked:

That's my next move. I only had the car up on ramps when I looked before, but something in the drive line just ain't right. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
puked:

They appeared to be ok. I couldn't find any slop in the drive shaft by physically trying to turn it either. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Also check your motor mounts . good luck
Try this link : http://bbs.netgearhead.net/ubbthreads.php I have had nothing but success with this Forum.