Timing light hook-up ??

Hi Everyone,

I've got a 1968 Camaro with a '67 327 engine. I'd like to tune it up, but am having trouble knowing where to hook up the Tach to. I'm supposed to connect it to the distributor, but all connects are in a block connector. Here is a picture of my distributor.

Any ideas on how I should do this?

Appreciate your help!

Reply to
snowdogdb

It's an HEI distributor out of a later model car or truck. Find a newer service manual and it will show the connections. If I were you I'd check and see if it's wired correctly. Your 68 came with a distributor with points and a small window in the cap to adjust them. It had only one wire going to it. The wiring from the ignition switch to the (+) side of the coil is special resistance wire, and there is a by pass wire coming from the starter solenoid to supply full battery voltage while starting. The HEI set up is not wired this way.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Someone put a later HEI distributor in it (a good thing). There's a tach connector in the cap, right next to the power wire. That port should be plugged on the Holley, I think it only has vacuum off idle. Where is your PCV hooked to? Congrats on the Camaro. I have a '68 also with a

327. There's an HEI in mine too.

-jim

Reply to
JimV

On 30 Aug 2005 10:52:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com puked:

Positive Battery terminal Negative ground Plug wire #1

lab~rat