tires

hi everyone. thanks for all the great advice. anyone know the biggest size tires i can fit on my 81 Z28, without hitting the wells? i have 235 60 15s all around, everything is stock on the car. can i fit 255s on the rear?
245s on the front? thanks mike

not without air shocks...

would probably scrub at the top of the inner fenderwell.
I had 235's on the front of my 79 Z-28 and they scrubbed when mounted onto a 15 x 7 Centerline Convo Pro.
Had 15 x 8.5 on the rear w/ a 245 BFG Radial, no scrubbage!
Dave
thanks dave! mike

mike tammaro via CarKB.com wrote:

Why so big?
If you put narrow tyres on your car, you have lower friction, and higher top speed.
Wide tyres in e.g. F1 racing is primarily for transfering the heat from braking, and not very useful in road cars.
Bram