Towing a Camaro/Z-28

Gentlemen:

I'm in the market to purchase a Camaro/Z-28, one which will probabaly not run and will need to be towed.

I'm wondering if a regular towbar can be used on the camaros with plastic nose pieces? Has anyone towed a Camaro without using a wheel dolly or trailer?

Thanks

Jack.

Reply to
Jack M. King

There's nothing to clamp the tow bar to...assuming it's the type of tow bar that clamps to a metal bumper.

How far are you going with it? Back when I was young and foolish, we'd tow cars 20 miles with just a long chain....but I don't recommend it.

Now that I've had a car trailer for 10 years, I just can't imagine life without it! but then my friend who runs a towing business just can't imagine life without his tow trucks.

One advantage of getting to know other gearheads in your town, is that you can bum favors, such as having someone use their trailer to help you get the car. Probably too late for this one, but if you acquire some local friends (help them out with their projects), you won't be stuck in the future.

Reply to
J Forbes

You have to flat bed it. Unless you are willing to chain it from underneath, but you will need a low tow point.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro