Tranmission or rear-end problem?

Hi,

I've got a 68 Convertible that has some problem with the transmission (M20) or rear-end. It makes a clank sound forward, reverse, or neutral. Don't know what happened, it worked fine until a friend took it for a trip to the store; next thing I know, he calls me from the side of the freeway. @#$%!

I'm not confident enough to do transmission or rear-end work myself, and I don't have a garage or the facilities to troubleshoot or repair it right now; so I was hoping someone here would make a recommendation to me of a good shop in the San Francisco Bay area (preferably south bay). (or a cool person with knowledge and a garage 8-)

I'd even be up for replacing the transmission and putting a 12-bolt in the rear (10-bolt now).

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
snowdog

Danny Taddei