Transpack Kit in a 700R4

Hi everybody

I recently put in a B&M Transpack Kit in the tranny of my 88/305 TBI Camaro. I used the Street/Strip Version of that Kit for shorter and snappier shifts. After that i also changed the ratio of the rear-end from 2.76 to 3.08. Im realy happy with that combination. But what i dont like is the real hard shifting from 1 to 2 gear.

Now i thougt that i could rechange the spring for the 1 to 2 gear actuatorpiston in the tranny back to the original one to make just this shiffting firmer.

Is this a good idea.

Thanks for your advice or for any other idea to solve my problem.

Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Schmid

I've got an '85 TPI with that tranny, and I think it's stock. It also has a pretty hard hit at full throttle from 1st to 2nd, but it's fine at partial throttle.

I'm no tranny expert, but I would go ahead and try the spring change.

Did it affect the other shifts too? I suppose I'll have to rebuild my tranny eventually, as it's got almost 160K on it, if it hasn't been touched before, and it would be nice to know if the B&M kit would make life too uncomfortable.

KennyH

Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.

Reply to
KHanawalt