value?: 1969 ralleysport with original 327 engine

I'm not a regular member of this group but thought someone here might be able to help me find a source of information. My wife has a 69 ralleysport she bought new. She drove it into the mid 80's putting
88,000 miles on it. She then stored it in a garage where it has sat until now. It has some rust to the body and the vinyl top has dryrotted. The interior, (houndstooth) has mildewed and the drivers seat has a tear. About 5 years ago we had it running and it started with no problems. It is automatic and has the original 327 engine. There is an 8 track in the glovebox that I believe was factory installed, or at least dealer installed. We have someone interested in it but have no way of knowing how much to sell it for. How can we get an idea of it's value short of hiring a professional appraiser? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ChrisH

Since they are no longer made and your wife is the original owner, I would ask for no less than $5,000 to $15,000 USD. It all depends on the buyer and what options were ordered from the factory. The Protecto-plate or the body build sheet is a plus to determine what was installed from the factory. Check on E-bay to see what they are selling for, you may get lucky and find a car in similar condition. The selling prices are through the roof so you may actually be able to get more off of the E-bay site than if you were to sell it locally.
ChrisH wrote:

I'd have to see it, or at least pictures. It depends on the scope of the rust. Take some pics and post them at www.camaros.net. The '69 is the most desirable of all Camaros. If it has the original engine and trans. is a real RS, and isn't too badly rusted, it's probably worth at least $15K to the right buyer. The factory 8 track was mounted on the console.
-jim