What does X11 mean? - 69 Camaro

I have a 69 Camaro with X11 on the Cowl tag. Can someone tell me what options this number implies. My car needs restoration work.

Thanks, Dan Tucker

Reply to
WPCDan

Steve's "68" Camaro

Reply to
Robert Nelson

X-11 signifies that the car was a Sport Coupe with the "style trim group" (basically chrome on the qtr panel "gills" and chrome strips on the taillights) OR an SS-350 w/style trim group

Red350ss

69 Camaro SS 68 Camaro RS/SS
Reply to
RED350SS

Thanks I understand now. I got into an arguement with a guy who had a X-11 and swore it was an SS. It had Drum brakes and I showed him that all SS's had disc. He wasn't happy

Reply to
WPCDan

You are correct. An X-11 car could have been either a 6 cyl or any smallblock V8 car. As long as the dealer checked the "Style Trim Group" box, it got the X11 code.

Red350ss

69 Camaro SS 68 Camaro RS/SS
Reply to
RED350SS