What's the Deal WIth Riceburners?

Page 1 of 2
What is the deal with all these "riceburners" on the road? If you want to make your car look like a joke on four wheels, go ahead... But, if
you're going to try to take on and burn a Camaro, atleast ACTUALLY make some REAL performance upgrades to your Honda or whatever you drive. Stickers and spoliers AREN'T performance upgrades! Anyone else agree with me?
"Right is right, and right always wins."
Please visit:
http://www.riceboypage.com /
You will like it.
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:08:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (I CRUZN) wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:08:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (I CRUZN) puked:

I think all those people with bad taste should modify those stupid little cars. That way they don't screw up the classics. Thank you. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Amen!

I agree with you but its these fools that own Camaros and Mustangs with V6s and a Flowmaster muffler that go out and get beat by a ricer that is even worse yet....LOL!!!!!
~John www.SuperCarVideos.com

What's even more funny about these "riceburners" is when you pull up alongside one at a stop light and they start to rev their 4-cylinder at you... Makes for a good laugh- especially, when you rev your engine back, and they stop. By the way, I did see ONE "riceburner" Camaro (don't know if it was a Z28 or an SS)- baby blue paint with a spoiler that was higher than the roof of the car. Just goes to show, not everyone has enough brains (or respect) to leave a classic alone.
"Right is right, and right always wins."
Just pat the rice burner's roof:
Then say be a good gook and go home!
Refinish King

Speaking of racism, on another ng someone mentioned they would never own a Camaro "SS" because of it gave him the creeps because of a possible association with WWII. Call me naive, but in the 30+ years I have admired, owned, and restored Camaros, I have NEVER made that association...
Terry

I have been told on occasion that:
My bald head looks like my rear.
So you could say racism rears it's ugly head!
LOL
Refinish King

The best riceburner I had fun with was one pulled up beside me. I was in my 4x4 GMC 2500 truck (little extras not much) ... he rev'd it up a few times and we pulled out. I beat him by a car length or so by the next light. He looked over got pissed off put his big racing seat belt on told his little lady to do the same.... Light changed.... I actually pulled on him enough to complete the pass within a 1/4 of a mile and pulled over in front of him before the next light... suprisingly he never pulled up to my left to try again... my truck only runs mid 16's in the quarter... what did his peice run ?
Best saying I ever heard.... "A RICE BURNER IS LIKE A TAMPON EVERY PUSSY NEEDS 1"

2 piece of shit ricers tried pulling that shit with me a while back.. I was in the little Camaro.. and was driving on the Interstate.. they pull up on my left stepping on it (as much as they could I guess) one right after the other.. I kept going until I started catching up to a gorgeous black 4th gen Camaro... we both had our T-tops off and looked at eachother and smiled at eachother's cars.. looked at the ricers and decided to box them in...... anyone remember the game "parchesie"? Well, they were being stupid and pulled behind us... the other guy slowed so we were side by side covering both lanes with both ricers behind us.. we stayed like this for probably 5-10 miles.. they got pissed and both tried tdoing the "Rice and the Rediculous" move and both go around us on the outsides.. well.. needless to say, this was right after an overpass... who usually sits by overpasses? Yeah, the good ol' State Patrol.. lights went on... and the next exit another cop came in.. pulled them both over.. :-) We looked at eachother and smiled and kept driving. So whoever that guy was, I like him!
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (148k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Ricers SUCK!
Huh Huh!
Yea, Yea!
Refinish King

I've got a 96 Z28, and a 2000 Honda S2000. Where do I fit? ;-)
--
Pierre Vandevenne - DataRescue sa/nv - www.datarescue.com
The IDA Pro Disassembler & Debugger - world leader in hostile code analysis

Someone with deteriorating taste.
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:26:40 -0600, "Brian"

would that be because the Maxima has more HP than the camaro does? 190 Vs 160

It would be because the Maxima is newer than the Camaro, and that buying a Camaro is better taste than buying a Maxima. Thus, your taste worsened.
In 1992 you should have bought a 1992 Camaro. Care to compare a fully decked out 2002 Camaro (last year made) to a fully decked out 2002 Maxima? I'll save you some effort. Maxima I think was at 240HP (maybe 260) and the LS1 in the Camaro has about a 100 more. Not to mention a Camaro is, well, a Camaro. Rice is still rice. Other than that though, I really like Maximas. Hehe.
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:26:15 -0600, "Brian"