What's the Deal WIth Riceburners?

What is the deal with all these "riceburners" on the road? If you want to make your car look like a joke on four wheels, go ahead... But, if you're going to try to take on and burn a Camaro, atleast ACTUALLY make some REAL performance upgrades to your Honda or whatever you drive. Stickers and spoliers AREN'T performance upgrades! Anyone else agree with me?

"Right is right, and right always wins."

Reply to
I CRUZN

Please visit:

You will like it.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:08:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (I CRUZN) puked:

I think all those people with bad taste should modify those stupid little cars. That way they don't screw up the classics. Thank you.

lab~rat

Reply to
Phil Indablank

I agree with you but its these fools that own Camaros and Mustangs with V6s and a Flowmaster muffler that go out and get beat by a ricer that is even worse yet....LOL!!!!!

~John

John King

What's even more funny about these "riceburners" is when you pull up alongside one at a stop light and they start to rev their 4-cylinder at you... Makes for a good laugh- especially, when you rev your engine back, and they stop. By the way, I did see ONE "riceburner" Camaro (don't know if it was a Z28 or an SS)- baby blue paint with a spoiler that was higher than the roof of the car. Just goes to show, not everyone has enough brains (or respect) to leave a classic alone.

"Right is right, and right always wins."

Reply to
98' Camaro

Just pat the rice burner's roof:

Then say be a good gook and go home!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

Racism rears it's ugly head yet again.

you da man

Reply to
~NortH~

Speaking of racism, on another ng someone mentioned they would never own a Camaro "SS" because of it gave him the creeps because of a possible association with WWII. Call me naive, but in the 30+ years I have admired, owned, and restored Camaros, I have NEVER made that association...

Terry

Reply to
Terry

I have been told on occasion that:

My bald head looks like my rear.

So you could say racism rears it's ugly head!

LOL

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

The best riceburner I had fun with was one pulled up beside me. I was in my

4x4 GMC 2500 truck (little extras not much) ... he rev'd it up a few times and we pulled out. I beat him by a car length or so by the next light. He looked over got pissed off put his big racing seat belt on told his little lady to do the same.... Light changed.... I actually pulled on him enough to complete the pass within a 1/4 of a mile and pulled over in front of him before the next light... suprisingly he never pulled up to my left to try again... my truck only runs mid 16's in the quarter... what did his peice run ?

Best saying I ever heard.... "A RICE BURNER IS LIKE A TAMPON EVERY PUSSY NEEDS 1"

Reply to
oramaC
2 piece of shit ricers tried pulling that shit with me a while back.. I was in the little Camaro.. and was driving on the Interstate.. they pull up on my left stepping on it (as much as they could I guess) one right after the other.. I kept going until I started catching up to a gorgeous black 4th gen Camaro... we both had our T-tops off and looked at eachother and smiled at eachother's cars.. looked at the ricers and decided to box them in...... anyone remember the game "parchesie"? Well, they were being stupid and pulled behind us... the other guy slowed so we were side by side covering both lanes with both ricers behind us.. we stayed like this for probably 5-10 miles.. they got pissed and both tried tdoing the "Rice and the Rediculous" move and both go around us on the outsides.. well.. needless to say, this was right after an overpass... who usually sits by overpasses? Yeah, the good ol' State Patrol.. lights went on... and the next exit another cop came in.. pulled them both over.. :-) We looked at eachother and smiled and kept driving. So whoever that guy was, I like him!

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (148k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Ricers SUCK!

Huh Huh!

Yea, Yea!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

Riceburners do suck- especially those damn mufflers that the owners install on them to make them sound and look "cool." I've especially seen this on the 4-door ones. I don't know about anyone else but, a 4-door family car, to me, was NOT meant to sound or look "cool." What I don't understand is, why these guys then go cruising around in their "souped-up" (I say that as a joke,) 4-doors trying to pick-up the ladies... Those Fast and Furious movies have messed-up some of these people's minds as to what is "cool" and what is not.

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

Good story.....lots of those cars in my area...when I take my camaro into Minneapolis/St Paul on fri. or sat. night, the ricers sometimes look at me with a real confused expression. I think if some of them actually RODE in a classic chevrolet or pontiac they would 'get it'.....They usually won't try to race me, they just kind of accelerate a little, then change lanes. They are not exactly 'agressive'... Late at night there's some good street racing (or should I say 'ricing') in St Paul.

One night my son and I were hanging out at "Porky's" (some of you may have heard of this place, in St Paul, was a hot rodder hangout back into the '60s, still is), a Honday came by with a tailpipe as big as a funnel my dad used to use to put oil into his tractor, the exhaust noise, plus the vibration of the car from the exhaust, was so damn funny, like "bbbbbbbbwwwwaaaaaaaaaah pop-pop-pop!" be both nearly fell on the sidewalk laughing!My son was choking on his french fries. We tried to hide our laughter, because who knows, in the city someone could always come around the block and fire a couple rounds at you from their car. The ironic part is that quite often there's a nice looking woman riding shotgun in those cars...I don't get it!

Terry

PS aren't you in college at UW-W? Hope it's going well.

Reply to
Terry

"Refinish_King1" wrote in news:uURid.161$EE3.77@trndny09:

I've got a 96 Z28, and a 2000 Honda S2000. Where do I fit? ;-)

Reply to
Pierre Vandevenne

The mufflers are due in part to:

The drivers are ostomy patients, and can't pass gas through their colostomy bags. So they use the mufflers to remind them of a good beans and pasta fart. On the other hand, maybe a good night of beer and potato chip fart?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

Maybe the women are attracted to non flatlulent males?

Refinish King

PS While I was married, it was fun to pull the covers over my wife's head and rip a good: Ripshit, tearass fart. One that almost choked her. Wishful thinking, but if I did ice her, how would I explain that to the police? Now I could clain insanity, I'm spraying! LOL!

Reply to
Refinish_King1

hmm, that's an idea....

Reply to
Terry

I've got a 92 Maxima SE and a 79 camaro C&C. What am I?

Reply to
Brian