Which, if any, Stock Jap Cars Can Beat ANY Camaro?

Page 2 of 2
HP measures power. With the right gearing, power can be slid between speed and torqiness. Of course there are practical limits on gearing situations.

snipped-for-privacy@ihatespam.net (SgtSilicon) wrote in

And to answer the original question; A turbo Supra would be hard to beat.
Al
2002 Z28 6 speed
Big Al wrote:

Got that right. Bitch to work on though unless you want to pay for specialized metric tools from Toyota. I was like, screw that, $80 for a 14mm? Nuh uh....just fabbed a part. Total cost? $30. (For the part, that is.)

I've seen a number of the newer Turbo Supra's run mid 10's and be completely streetable. One night I saw a modified Supra blow off a Hennessey Viper. They went from a roll and the Viper shot away while the Supra suffered from turbo lag. Then it was catch up and blow past. Very upset Viper driver. The Supra was automatic, had about $5,000 worth of mods.
Al
73 Nova, 454, TH350, 9" Ford w/4.86 gears. 62 Chevy II, 406, TH400, 9" Ford w/4.86 gears.
Hey, I just really read the subject.
Answer: No Jap car can beat ANY Camaro. We have Camaro's out here that run mid 8's at 160 MPH, and they are slow compared to the real racers. There is NO stock car period that can beat any Camaro.
Al
Velocity Tour this weekend at SIR in Tucson. Come see our 8 second Ford powered Camaro!
Big Al wrote:

I like that twist to the question. Of course that isn't what the question really meant, but it looks nicer to take it that way.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
Big Al wrote:

The Original Post asks for stock numbers.
Here's a nice article:
http://popularmechanics.com/popmech/auto3/9907AUCTBM.html
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:33:05 -0500, GLK9MM

The Accura (Honda) NSX and, (though not Japanese), the Subaru WRX, can in some circumstances beat some models of F-bodies. They have all wheel drive, and have traction advantage getting off the line.
Nothing from Japan can touch most of them though, especially LS1s.