Which, if any, Stock Jap Cars Can Beat ANY Camaro?

HP measures power. With the right gearing, power can be slid between speed and torqiness. Of course there are practical limits on gearing situations.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

And, I get blasted for my comment:) Torque is a measure of force, horsepower is a measure of work.

Here is another gem:

"Now, you need both HP and torque, but if you take two cars with the same HP but one has more torque the one with more torque will accelerate faster."

If you have the same HP at the same RPM, guess what? You have the same torque. But if my engine can make more horsepower than yours, I don't give a crap how much torque yours has, if mine is geared correctly and weighs the same, I'm going to beat you.

According to some, if you stuff a 600 CTD in a car it will beat anything. Yep, 600 pounds of torque at 1,800 RPM. What could possibly beat that?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Yup. Agreed assuming your curb weight is the same, etc.

Good one.

Reply to
GLK9MM

snipped-for-privacy@ihatespam.net (SgtSilicon) wrote in news:41993674.21429796 @news.charter.net:

And to answer the original question; A turbo Supra would be hard to beat.

Al

2002 Z28 6 speed
Reply to
Big Al

Got that right. Bitch to work on though unless you want to pay for specialized metric tools from Toyota. I was like, screw that, $80 for a

14mm? Nuh uh....just fabbed a part. Total cost? $30. (For the part, that is.)

GLK9MM

I've seen a number of the newer Turbo Supra's run mid 10's and be completely streetable. One night I saw a modified Supra blow off a Hennessey Viper. They went from a roll and the Viper shot away while the Supra suffered from turbo lag. Then it was catch up and blow past. Very upset Viper driver. The Supra was automatic, had about $5,000 worth of mods.

Al

73 Nova, 454, TH350, 9" Ford w/4.86 gears. 62 Chevy II, 406, TH400, 9" Ford w/4.86 gears.
Reply to
Big Al

Hey, I just really read the subject.

Answer: No Jap car can beat ANY Camaro. We have Camaro's out here that run mid 8's at 160 MPH, and they are slow compared to the real racers. There is NO stock car period that can beat any Camaro.

Al

Velocity Tour this weekend at SIR in Tucson. Come see our 8 second Ford powered Camaro!

Reply to
Big Al

I like that twist to the question. Of course that isn't what the question really meant, but it looks nicer to take it that way.

Reply to
Cy Welch

The Original Post asks for stock numbers.

GLK9MM