Z28

My reverse lights won't light up when the car is in reverse.

I'm not sure where the backdrive is, I am told it is located on the steering column somewhere.There are 3 switches that I can see from under the steering column under the drivers side of the dash: one near the clutch, one over the brake, and one on the top of the steering column near the firewall.

They all have 2 plugs sticking out and wiring harnesses attached to these plugs. I'm not sure if the plugs that are plugged in are the right ones, because previous owner screwed around quite a bit under the dash. What color wires are supposed to be connected to each switch? I think this may be the problem, because when I hit the brake, the instrument cluster lights will turn on, along with the running lights in the front and back, as if I had switched them on by the headlight knob.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Spring is here and I'm itchin to register this thing...

Reply to
80 Z-28 work