z28 instument clusters in a rs camaro

is this possible? I want to have a higher mph gauge in my car I have an 89 camaro rs lmk thanks

I would think so, I did something similar in a 78' Camaro I had at one time.
Yes, you can replace your cluster with one from a Z28/IROC. Some Z's & IROCs had 145mph speedos; most didn't. They turn up occasionally on E-bay. Expect to pay too much there. Hit a few junkyards & maybe you'll get lucky. The 145mph cluster was available from around '86 to like '89 maybe? I think 'bigfig' might have a better idea on the years.
Unless your car is modified, I wouldn't bother though. My '89 RS is speed-limited to 115mph (305TBI-5spd) so the diff. speedo would be kind of pointless, unless you are just into looks.

My '92 Z28 with 5.7L has the 145 MPH speedo also, although it might be slightly different cluster, the whole dash area is a bit rounder that the pre-91's. I could be remembering that wrong though, haven't seen the inside of a 90 or earlier in about 8 or 9 years.
-- Leo
Yes, the Camaro's instrument cluster changed in 1990