Z34 needs help!!

hi, and thanks...i have a 1993 z34 lumina...with a 4.3 dohc v6...i changed the heater core about 4 years ago....since then i have struggled to keep the car cool when idling, especially in the summer...i have a new radiator in it, new thermosta, new water pump, nd radiator cap...im thinking since i get little to no heat in the winter, maybe my heater core is bad from day 1.... the car is cooler now with the new radiator but it still gets too warm to my liking and i hear boiling when i shut it off...then my a/c compressor dont seem to be engaging when i hit the a/c switch...i used to do this at lights to keep the car cool...but now i blow warm air, my clutch and compressor dont seem to activate...and i get all hot air...from a hot running car...PLEASE help me...im thinking, replace the heater core...and im lost with the a/c unit, tho a guy at Auto Zone told me if it gets low in freon that it will shut off and not work,...if thats true, why dont my secondary fan come on when i hit the switch? help!!! before i blow another head gasket

Reply to
rockync7

Are you losing fluid? What about the mix? Is it 50/50?

If the AC unit is low on freon the compressor will either cycle quickly or not engage at all. In the latter case, the electronic fan will not turn on with the ac either since there really isn't a point to...unless the sensor senses the engine/af is too hot and needs extra cooling.

NOI

Reply to
noi

Reply to
rockync7

It's quite possible that you have R134a already in a 93. That said, if you don't get heat from the heater core it's possible that it's not connected properly. If it's really overheating, and you blew a head gasket previously there may be something blocked in the water jacket in the block or heads. I personally have never heard of a heater core causing overheating, even if it's not there at all.

Reply to
Cy Welch

Dude or Dudette, you need the alt.autos.gm group. Not much help here for the mighty 4.3 L v-6.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Reply to
rockync7 via CarKB.com

Reply to
rockync7 via CarKB.com

Sorry, I didn't see that you were coming into usenet through a mirror website. Try Google discussion groups, you should be able to find it there. Search in the discussion groups on the google web page for alt.autos.gm . This is a news group, not a web site.

...Ron