Z34 needs help!!

hi, and thanks...i have a 1993 z34 lumina...with a 4.3 dohc v6...i changed the heater core about 4 years ago....since then i have struggled to keep the
car cool when idling, especially in the summer...i have a new radiator in it, new thermosta, new water pump, nd radiator cap...im thinking since i get little to no heat in the winter, maybe my heater core is bad from day 1.... the car is cooler now with the new radiator but it still gets too warm to my liking and i hear boiling when i shut it off...then my a/c compressor dont seem to be engaging when i hit the a/c switch...i used to do this at lights to keep the car cool...but now i blow warm air, my clutch and compressor dont seem to activate...and i get all hot air...from a hot running car...PLEASE help me...im thinking, replace the heater core...and im lost with the a/c unit, tho a guy at Auto Zone told me if it gets low in freon that it will shut off and not work,...if thats true, why dont my secondary fan come on when i hit the switch? help!!! before i blow another head gasket
rockync7 wrote:

Are you losing fluid? What about the mix? Is it 50/50?
>then my a/c compressor dont

If the AC unit is low on freon the compressor will either cycle quickly or not engage at all. In the latter case, the electronic fan will not turn on with the ac either since there really isn't a point to...unless the sensor senses the engine/af is too hot and needs extra cooling.
                    NOI
thanks....i appreciate it....i am not losing any fluid...it is a 50/50 mix... i just know its not running as cool as it should and if it was winter, id have no heat still...id hate to change that heater core again, but this alol did start back when i did...it just never was bad enough for me to deal with, but i dont want to worry anymore...can i convert to 134a freon or am i stuck with the r12....that mess is expensive
noi wrote:

rockync7 wrote:

It's quite possible that you have R134a already in a 93. That said, if you don't get heat from the heater core it's possible that it's not connected properly. If it's really overheating, and you blew a head gasket previously there may be something blocked in the water jacket in the block or heads. I personally have never heard of a heater core causing overheating, even if it's not there at all.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI
i wish but no...i have r12...the core been in 4 years, it dont overheat persay, just runs warm and i get no heat.....the head gasket has been fine for over 2 years..i dont think anythin is blocked...but im doubting the heater core... Cy Welch wrote:

Dude or Dudette, you need the alt.autos.gm group. Not much help here for the mighty 4.3 L v-6.
thank you, whats the web address? RSCamaro wrote:

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:57:21 GMT, "rockync7 via CarKB.com"
Sorry, I didn't see that you were coming into usenet through a mirror website. Try Google discussion groups, you should be able to find it there. Search in the discussion groups on the google web page for alt.autos.gm . This is a news group, not a web site.