01 4x4 silverado heater problem

My heater is on even though the control calls for air . Is there a usually broken item for this, A rheostat or module and where is it located? Truck has 110,000 miles on it TIA for your help

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Maybe it's the vacumn control behind the knob. Think those work on vacumn. Loose connection? Maybe the door is hung open to the heater core??? Good Luck, Pete

Reply to
Pete

All the above, but even more likely the vac motor that opens and closes the heater/ac flaps has gone kaput. Usually have to pull the dash to get at those.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

age

What year truck? On my 2000, I just fixed this problem by replacing the temp control actuator that controls the heater blend door. If this door does not close, you will have heat all the time. It is electrically operated and the one that usually fails is the lower center actuator. No need to remove the dash, just remove the "hush panel" below the dash for access. 4 or 5 bolts if I remember. You will find the hush panel direcrtly under the heater and you will be working from the inside of the vehicle. Dorman part at Kragen is around $50 and gm part at dealer around $95. I used the Dorman part 4 months ago and so far no problems. SF

Reply to
sf91030

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub