01 Silverad Oxygen Sensor Question

I am on the road about 2500 miles from home. My "Service Engine Soon" light came on and I checked it with a OBDII code reader and got and error code of 0140, which says "O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2". My truck is a V6 with right at 100000 miles. Any suggestions if I have a faulty O2 sensor or perhaps need a Catalytic Converter? Also, will any harm be done if I try to drive home to correct the problem? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark

It will not hurt to drive it. From your discription of the code, the O2 is bad or the circuit is.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

They are very easy to change also. Takes about 3 minutes. Easier than a spark plug.

Reply to
Mike Copeland