02-04 Diesel Glow Plugs REBATE/RECALL Silverado/Sierra

Hey guys ...

right bout now there are a LOT of 6.6L diesel V8 engines in the 20-04 Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks will have Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) illumination come up on the dash board and depending on how cold it is outside will also have hard starting, misfire, and white smoke after cold start .. as you have just lost some Glow Plugs.

General Motors is providing owners of these Engines additional protection for the engine glow plugs.

10 years of date, 200,000 miles with the OEM from the factory and the condition will be repaired for you at no charge.

I went to a non Dealer repair shop (the guy is a 34 year Chevy Mechanic with his own shop) and he told me bout this.

I called the 1 800 630 2438 chevy number and 1 800 996 9463 GMC number.

Your Chevy or GMC dealer can give a look at it when it shows signs to repair.

Then it is VIN number and mileage, get an Application for Refund with Service Number over the phone, then send in the right documents and proof of payment. They are busy right now ... but they are doing the work to help out in the Holidays.

sumbuddie hopes this helps

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane