02 Chev Express V6 Vortec Keeps Quiting Out of the Blue

Hi Their

My 02 Chev Exprss, V6 Vortec keeps having the same issues over and over. The Computer never shows any fail codes on the scanner. No one at the Dealer seems to know exactly whats the cause. It dosn't matter if its cold, warm, raining, snowing does the same things over and over and never the same thing twice. This is a breakdown of what has happened so far. i drive Courie in this Van over 500 kms / day

1) Went to leave from work, started tha van, moved 4 feet then stalled. Wouldn't re-start. After sitting an hour, started and ran perfect for 4 days 2)on the 5th day, Drove about 150 Kms, stopped at a store, left vehical idling, when I came out it wasn't running (Stalled). tryed to re-start and it wouldn't. 10 Minutes latter, started and drove 2 Kms, died again wouldn't start. Came back 5 hours latter, drove home no problems. 3)Worked well for a week. Other then when driving at around 100kms / Hr, or under a load up hill, it felt like it was missing or cutting out, but, never died. 4)After a week, went to start in morning, wouldn't start. It took 2 hours before it finally started. Ran well, Stalled 2 more times, but always strated right up. 5)2 days after that, drove nearly 350 Kms, all day, never shut the vehical off. On the way back home, driving at 110 Km/ Hr, suddleny, stalled out of the blue. Coasted off the road, waited a minute, it restarted. Drove about 3 more kms, died again. this time it wouldn,t re-start. It tryed, ran abit, stumbled as you pumped the gas pedel, but wouldn't stay going. Came back 2 hours latter, drove it home worked fine. Stalled once, but re-started right away.

No one at the delaers can make it die for them. I replaced Distributor Cap, Rotor Button, Coil, Fuel Pump, temp Sensor, still does the same things. As you can see, It has no set patteren. Just does it at random. This engine was put in about a Month ago. Never had these issues with the old engine. Maybe I should simply put it out of its missery.Anyone who has any ideas, please let me know.

Reply to
snowcatns

You might have corrosion on the positive battery cable/terminal connection. Take the positive terminal off. It has 2 cables attached. One of the cables feeds the starter, the other feeds everything else. Split the rubber boot and separate the terminals and spacer washer. There will likely be a lot of corrosion here. Wire brush everything good and soak in baking soda solution, then wire brush it again. Once you have bright metal, reassemble the terminals, washer, and bolt. Now there are two schools of thought here for what to do next. One says to coat the terminals with vaseline to inhibit corrosion. The other says to coat the terminals with an insulating rubber compound that you can brush on. I have used the vaseline solution with great success. Be carefull around the battery after this, as there is an exposed 12 volt source.

KenG

Reply to
KENG

Reply to